Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Life

I really love Easter. In fact, it's my favorite day of the whole year. The promise of new life is amazing to me. I fall deeper and deeper in love with Jesus each year. It's as if He shows me new tidbits of Himself and allows me to grasp His love more deeply than the year before. For this I am so grateful and humbled.

Story time:
So, as you know, I'm an emotional girl. I laugh and cry easily...especially when it involves my Jesus. So, as you can imagine, Easter gets me good. So we're sitting in church on Sunday and I'm just boohooing. Each song makes me cry harder than the one before. Then comes communion when I totally LOST IT. I was even praying that I wouldn't break out into full out sobs:). So when I finally pull it together Zach's sweet mama (who's sitting beside me) says, "Are you OK?" I say, "Of course." As if it's totally normal to be sobbing in public. I go on to say, "Easter is my favorite day of the year." And she says, "Well, and all the hormones of course." Then she goes on to tell me a story about how when she was pregnant she would watch Shirley Temple movies and cry and cry.

I, of course find this whole interchange to be hysterical. Let's face it, I'm crazy when I'm not pregnant and even crazier when I am. I'm going to choose to believe that this is charming, rather than bizarre. I love the Lord and He makes me crazy emotional. I love this child growing inside me and think of him/her constantly. I am totally, completely and utterly amazed that I get to be married to Zach. AND, as if that's not enough I have been blessed with an amazing family and incredible friends that loves the Lord.

If you ask me, I have a lot to be gratefully emotional about:).

"Now, when what is decaying is clothed with what cannot decay, and what is dying is clothed with what cannot die, then the written word will be fulfilled: "Death has been swallowed up by victory! Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 1 Corinthians 15:54-55